Ray loves purple (red) cabbage.
I love all types of cabbage.
Everyone loves bacon.
Why not combine them?
I found this braised cabbage recipe. Being the recipe follower that I am (I'm not...at all) I decided to give it a go. My version is easier. And I took pictures. That's really the only reason I'm writing this. Ray says it is, "Mmmm. Delicious, Mommy!"
red and green cabbage
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1tbsp hot sauce
1. make 8+oz of bacon and eat (not shown)
2. drain bacon fat into pot (not shown)
3. thinly slice onion and garlic clove and cook the over medium heat and don't burn the garlic
4. thinly slice red cabbage and throw it in with the onions, garlic and bacon fat
5. thinly slice green cabbage and stir it in, along with the vinegar and hot sauce
Eat it now. Or let it cook for a while to soften up.
for the gate i thank you, thank you, greg
ray creating new ways to watch octonauts
Feel free to add more onions and garlic and hot sauce and bacon fat and hot sauce. I used what we had on hand.
Note to self: buy more Cajun Sunshine.